Followers

22 May 2010

Purple Haze

I'm in a purple haze faze today.....friends will say 'What else is new?'  LOL  Well I do use other colours but I was surfing blogs for inspiration and found a wonderful tutorial on using reinkers with rubbing alcohol.  So...I thought I'd give it a try.  You can find it http://inkeverywhere.wordpress.com/



I've used Fifth Avenue Floral for the flowers, the Top Note, and dots embossing folder, eyelet lace border punch and the Sizzlits 4 pack die labels for the sentiment,  I was going to set brads in the label but then it looked good with just the hole so I left it like that to match the eyelet lace.

Using more of this technique, I made this card, the Top Note is stamped with the flourish from Brocade Basics and is then I trimmed away the perforated border and mounted it on Elegant Eggplant


I've used the half pearls from the Pretties Kit and stuck them down with glue dots.  The small flowers are embossed with a mix of Clear Embossing Powder and Dazzling Diamonds, can't see that well in the photo.

Hope it inspires you to experiment with different techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.