Followers

27 May 2010

Sweet Treats Sunflower

Hello again, I finally caved in and bought the bird punch, I'm not big on using animals in my cards, not sure why, but this little wing can double as flower petals so I created this Sunflower using the Sweet Treats Cups and Summer Sun (wing) petals, I inked the edges with Pumpkin Pie and layered the bottom layer as is then cut a small piece out of the bottom of the top layers so they fit snugly against the cup.  I filled the cup with little seed beads in Orange, Yellow and Copper to make the centre of the flower.  The sentiment is embossed with clear embossing powder with a dash of Dazzling Diamonds through it.

I cut a small strip from the front of the card and put a small strip of Haiku Designer Series Paper.  I love how this turned out. 



 Next Idecided to try actually making a bird card, I do try to challenge myself now and then to step outside of my comfort zone!!!




 I"ve used Soft Suede, Whisper White and Kraft along with some polka dot Soft Suede ribbon and a few Vintage Brads.  Add a little label and it's all done!




I was also playing around with a few bits left over from other projects and turned out this little card, I'd been testing out the Polka Dot embossing folder and thought the Flower Punch would work nicely with it.  Pretty happy with the result.





 Cheers for now, I'll be back to post some others soon.


Kasey

1 comment:

  1. Love the sunflower, works really well with the treat cup in the centre.

    Congratulations on your Stampin' Up promotion also, saw it in the latest Inspirations brochure.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.