Followers

04 December 2010

Back to Challenges

I've been away for a week, luckily this work trip gave me a chance to catch up with some very special friends in Canberra.  Hello all you lovely people!  

I've missed my craft room while I was away and to get back into the swing of things I've checked out my favourite challenge sites and here is my dual entry for Mojo Monday and Curtain Call.


This card is using the sketch from Mojo Monday and the colours from Curtain Call.  Colours are Basic Black, Basic Gray, Concord Crush, Crumb Cake and Whisper White.  I've layered the strips of Black, Gray and White on a mat of Concord Crush and paced that on my Crumb Cake card base.  

Then I've clear embossed the flower on the Black and Grey and on the white I've embossed in Concord Crush.  Building up the layers, White circles with Basic Gray ink sponged on the edges, Concord Crush die cut shapes and clear embossed the same flower on the larger one and the sentiment on the smaller one.  Then I've used some punches to do the stars and circles and popped on some bling! (as usual)

Here is a close up of the sentiment and stars.  What do you think?



Unfortunately, there is so much moisture in the air from this 6 weeks of rain we've had, that the card curled up once all the layers were on, I've accidently put a crease in the top layer trying to uncurl it... Damn!

3 comments:

  1. I like the stars. I also really like the way you did the colors in the background. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely embossing, Kasey! Great job with the colors and sketch this week. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.