Followers

13 March 2011

Green, Green and more green!

It seems that there are a lot of challenges around for using green.  I suppose that makes sense as St Patricks day is just around the corner.  I've departed from the St Paddy's day theme though and done an early Mothers Day card!




I've used the retired Sage Shadow here as the base with mats of Handsome Hunter also retired, then using glossy card stock and some reinkers, I've created my own Designer paper with Sage Shadow, Handsome Hunter, Taken with Teal and a drop of Baja Breeze, the photo shows this a lot 'bluer' than it is.  

I rumaged around in my stash of flowers and found some greens and greenish blues to add to the card and have used the filagree brads from Stampin' Up!  I also sprayed the Silver Foil Smooch spritzer onto a white flower,  it turned out quite a dark antique silver in colour, which looks quite nice against all the greens and brighter slivers of the embossing and bling.

This little Cherry Tilda is so cute, I think this is the thrid card I've made using her.  I don't often join in the Magnolia challenges as they scare me!  I don't turn out the masterpieces that I see entered on the site so I'm being very brave here!  



This card is entered into the following challenges...

Just Magnolia ~ Sketch

The Shabby Tea Room ~  Use Green

Easy Craft Projects ~ Use Green

I'd love to know what you think, and if you have any tips for colouring with Copics, please feel free to share them with me (I can use all the help I can get).

2 comments:

  1. Kasey, this is a lovey card! Don't those brads look great in the centre of the flowers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is simply stunning, Kasey - one of my favourites from you in, I dunno - at least a week! You turn out some incredible stuff, m'dear, and I think your colouring is lovely. Bron x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.