Followers

10 June 2011

Friday Mashup # 10 sends warm fuzzies your way

Hello and welcome to a new Friday Mashup challenge combo.   This week Kim is helping us all feel better with her Get Well and add something warm and fuzzy to your creations.  (I certainly need that, I caught a horrible cold including the sinus infection....ewww)


This week for the Mashup Challenge, you are welcome to:
       1. Create a project with soft texture... fabric, felt, even cotton balls (ribbon doesn't count!) 
       2. Create a Get Well Project.
       3. Or "Mash it Up!" and create a Get Well project using a Soft Texture!


I have chosen to do a Get Well card to inspire you this week.
 
My colour combo is a rather neglected Bravo Burgundy, River Rock and Shimmery White,  I've embossed the Bliss flowers and the sentiment in Gold and used a gelly roll pen to put little champagne gold highlights through the image stamped on the background and around the edge of the river rock layer.  Add one gold embosslit butterfly and a few rhinestones and its done!

Stop by the Friday Mashup Challenge blog to see what the other fabulous Design Team ladies have been up to.  Don't forget we love to read your comments so leave some blog love!

PLUS...The Friday Mashup challenge blog is offering 

YOU the chance to set the challenge! 

We are introducing a 'Fan Favourite'.  

How exciting is that?  Please check out the post Holly 

has put up for you to enter into the Friday Mashup 





11 comments:

  1. Hallo,

    this card ist very pretty! I like the combination of colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning ... and I can see all the gorgeous detail you mentioned! I have missed popping by to visit ... But my dad’s sickness has been a big distraction over the last few weeks. I am looking forward to scrolling back through your recent posts and checking out your fab inspiration ... but won’t have time to comment on each! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Love the touch of shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure elegance! I LOVE, love, love the simplicity - truly a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh - very elegant. I really like this one. I don't quite know how you did it - it has neither purples, pinks or teals in it, but I love it. Way to go you, for pushing the boundaries!
    Bron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kasey, I love your card! It is SO elegant looking and I adore all the little extra touches you put on it. Whoever gets this card will be very lucky!

    I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great. What wonderful colours and little added details. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kasey

    Loving your card. The embossing detail looks fantastic.

    A gorgeous finished look!!

    Thank you very much for the tip on cleaning my scissors. I am going to give this a go!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really pretty Kasey! I love the soft, shiny flowers.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are feeling better this week Kasey... Going to work with a bug is never fun..

    Great card this week, I love the shimmer on it! and You know I love me some Butterflies..lol The color combo is so soft and elegant.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.