Followers

17 June 2011

Friday Mashup # 11 ~ Summer Theme with polka dots

Hi everyone, welcome to a new Friday Mashup Challenge.  This weeks challenge is a little out of season for me as it's winter here in Oz.  But hopefully for those who are feeling the cold, this will warm you all up a little bit.


This week for the Mashup Challenge, you are welcome to:
       1. Create a Summer Theme Project 
       2. Create a project using Polka Dots. 
       3. Or "Mash it Up!" and create a Summer Themed Project using Polka Dots!

 
I've gone with the Polka Dot theme and my card has lovely flowers on it which could count for the Summer part of the challenge.  My card was inspired by my lovely blog friend Sara. She has made some incridble flowers and I've used her tutorial to make these.



I've used some of that paper I made ages ago using the Shaving Creme technique, I thought they would make lovely flower petals.



Hop on over to the Friday Mashup Challenge Blog and see what other summer delights the Design Team have whipped up for your inspiration.
  While you're there, have a look at our Fan Favourites post, that's where YOU get to share your ideas for a mashup challenge, we will be running this event a few times per year to give you all the opportunity to be part of our cretaive team. 

11 comments:

  1. I'm jealous Kasey.. It's so hot here I'm dying!! I can't take the heat when it's over 75 degrees.. Blah!!

    Great Polka Dot Card.. I love those flowers they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Kasey! I like how the flowers turned out..especially how the petals look using the shaving creme technique. I need to give that a try sometime. Do you have a post somewhere that shows or tells how you do that?
    Have a great day!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, Try splitcoaststampers resources section for a tutorial. I think they have one. Cheers, Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kasey! Love the flowers, they are very pretty!

    I completely forgot its winter for you,ooops! I'd gladly take winter though, its my favorite season. I live where I do just for the cold and snowy winters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for the flowers! Gottta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Kasey especially the flowers! Thanks for joining in with my blogaversary candy
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right - that shaving cream tech was perfect for petals! Love the effect you got and the layout of the card just makes it all pop. And a HUGE congratulations on going the full 365 off the cancer sticks. It's an uphill battle and you should be so (well deservedly) proud of yourself. Can't believe your won't power (love that, too!) Bron

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - just love your flowers and layout. Awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers and love the polka dot paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. Those flowers are fantastic as are all the extra details. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.