Followers

29 July 2011

Our First Fan Favourite!

Congratulations Teresa on being voted in as our very first Fan Favourite!


Teresa's mashup idea is...

  1. Create a project using the colors: Turquoise, Red & Black.
  2. Create a project using Hand Made Flowers.
  3. or "Mash it Up!" and create a project using Handmade Flowers with Turquoise, Red and Black!


I went a little overboard with my hand made flowers! Not sure that it works by throwing the red satin ribbon roses in with the punched white and turquoise flowers, but what the heck....lol





I stamped Bella Toile in Tenpting Turquoise on Whisper White then following some flower making tutorials from Valita using the Blossom Punch, I punched out the petals and created these flowers.  I made the ribbon roses using a tutorial I came across.  

I've used the double rectangle punch to punch a strip of holes along the black cardstock and then threadded red satin ribbon weaving its way along the punched holes.  I've also used the scalloped edge punch to put an edge around the black spritzed oval backing for the sentiment then topped that off with a red satin bow and a turquoise rhinestone.

I think it's just a tad overdone!  But I had fun making it.  

Stop press:  Sorry to those of you who are seeing my posts on Google Reader.  I've had to delete the first one because I forgot to schedule it and published it instead on the 5th July instead of scheduling it to the 29th.  


Take Care, 
Cheers,






~ in Oz

7 comments:

  1. Oh, your handmade flowers are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flowers Kasey.. and the red ribbon you threaded along the side adds a great touch to it. Did you make the Satin roses too? I need to learn how to make those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Especially the red ribbon roses! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Kasey, as usual. Love your flowers they look so neat. I have mine ready to play along too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really did a fantastic job on all the flowers Kasey! It all came together wonderfully and looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are fab and look great together. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This colour combo is stunning! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.