Followers

20 October 2011

Inspiration photo #2

Hello to all you crafty people out there, the Paper Lovin' Gals are bringing you our second inpsiration photo challenge and what a photo it is. 


Those darn pumpkins kept leaping out at me, but as I'd done an orange card for the first challenge, I didn't want to repeat the colour, Halloween isn't celebrated in the same big way in Australia as it is in other parts of the world. 

So what could I do?  Orange and green are not a favourite combo for me...then my eye was drawn to the barn in the background and the colours of Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White called to me to get creative. 

This is my inspiration card for you.  I used lots of white gel pen on the large background image which was stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Crumb Cake, it's Bella Toile.  Then I embossed in white over the En Francais with Finest Flourishes the tag is more Bella Toile and I added a Rhinestone brad.  I also used some seam binding to make a tripple bow and secured it with an antique brad.  I'm really happy with the finished card.


 
I wonder what it is about this photo that will inspire your creation?  

Don't forget the Design Team call is still open as we are looking for talented people to join us.  If you want to be in the running, when you post your challenge card put - DT, it's as easy as that!


Head on over to the Paper Lovin' Gals challenge site and see what inspiration you can gather from the Design Team.  


Enjoy!


Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz


5 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful and elegant Kasey. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you were inpsired!! Wonderful card Kasey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I LOVE your card, the colors are sooo pretty!
    xoxo Charity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you saw the colors in the Barn and then went with the colors instead of those pumpkins.. It came out great. I really like that pop of white you added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Kasey! I love the colours and your amazing stamping! Such a fabulous card!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.