Followers

05 October 2011

PPC is going green!

What a lovely surprise!  I'm a runner up with this card on PPC! 


Thanks DT for selecting my card.

Hello blog friends, I know I've been a little bit absent in my posting lately.  There has been a bit of a health scare for my mother and she's recuperating from cancer surgery.  Caught early and a very good prognosis, but it has left little time for the pleasures of crafting apart from keeping up with my DT responsibilities.  While she's rested this afternoon, I managed to get about 30 mins in the craft room to play and this is what I came up with.

Picture Perfect Creations has a colour challenge all about greens, as I don't use these ones often, I thought I'd just stretch myself a little and make a card.  I was going through my cards the other day and found that I had no sympathy cards on hand so decided to make this one.


I've used rubbing alcohol and the three greens in reinkers to make the main panel on Glossy White card stock which I then ran through the big shot twice with the top note die.  I then matted this on my spiral background mats. I then added a loopy bow and antique brad and it was done!  Very quick and simple.  Hope you like it, I'd love to hear your comments.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kasey

    I hope that my comment made it to you.

    I will re-check later.

    I got a strange message about conflicting edits!!! Not sure what that's all about.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasey

    Thank you for your lovely comment.

    I wrote here earlier to say that I was sorry to read about your Mum .. .. but was pleased that they had caught things early.

    I hope that she makes a full recovery and that she isn't feeling too uncomfortable at the moment.

    Hopefully soon you will have more time for yourself too. You sound a lovely daughter and I bet your Mum is so grateful to have you around caring for her.

    Loving the card you posted here. All those gorgeous layers of green and your faux stitching look beautiful.

    No news on the hospital job yet. On the application you had to put whether you were happy for references to be sought prior to interview .. .. if they are writing out for these for those they want to interview then it could take quite a time I suppose.

    I will be grateful just to get an interview as that will mean I am at least worth looking at.

    All the best Kasey .. .. I hope this comment actually makes it!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it did!!!

    I can see it this time!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasey this looks lovely, and no, not your usual colour pallet - do I see Old Olive in there?
    I need to make a couple of sympathy cards as I don't have any in my stash either, and at the times they are needed the urge to create goes out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Kasey!! Love the background you created with the alcohol and reinkers!! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sympathy card. I love how you made the middle look like marble. Way to use our color combo this week. Thanks for playing at PPC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kasey!! This is so pretty. I just love everything about it. All the different layered papers and you do GREAT bows!! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at PPC this week.
    Michele
    PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being a runner up. Your card is fabulous.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.