Followers

09 June 2012

Sweet Baby!


UPDATE!   I made the top 3 in the Weekly Spotlight at Cheery Lynne Designs Challenge!  Wooooo Hoooooo.  Thank you DT at Cherry Lynne Designs

 

Hello, Welcome to my new followers, thank you for choosing to follow my blog.

Two posts in one day!  Not all that unusual for me when the mojo is bubbling away, and that's what is happening for me right now.  I had a commission from one of the girls at work for some Baby cards and this is what I did for her for the boy card she needed.

I just picked up the Heart to Heart set of dies from Cheery Lynne Designs and decided that it was perfect for this card.  I LOVE all the little cut out hearts you end up with.  I made 3 little 'faux brads' from them by adding a coat of crystal effects once they were glued into place.

This cute image is Cuddle Cloud Baby from Meljens Designs and it was too easy to colour up.  I think I'll do a girl card the same.  I don't usually double up, but this card turned out so lovely that I think I will make an exception.

This final photo shows the glimmer that I added by painting the white behind the hearts lace with smooch!  My camera never does shimmer or glitter well.  I also added some glitter by covering the stars on the image with Ice Stickles.  The hearts on the image were covered in Crystal Effects too so they shine.

Copics used.

B0000, B02, B04, C1, E0000, E00, E01  Baby Blue Spica

This little one is heading for the following challenges...

Meljen's Designs ~ Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks ~ Monochromatic
Cheery Lynne Designs ~ Make it Manly (I hope little boys count!)



26 comments:

  1. What a cutie, Kasey. Love the hearts die, lovely sentiment and super baby image. Can't blame yu for wanting to make a girly one too. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, yes this is a cutie. Thanks for stoppin' in to say hi.

      Delete
  2. This is simply gorgeous Kasey,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doreen, thanks for your lovely comment. It is much appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Aww Kasey this is just so sweet! I love that heart die cut! I have it too but whenever I cut it it never seems to all cut properly so I give up :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to shim the really intricate ones Alyce. Follow the instructions about this one and sometimes you need to turn it a 1/4 turn and run it though again. Give it a try and see if that works. Did you go to the Brissy craft fair today?

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous baby card, Kasey! I love the clean design, it really shows off the beautiful die cut heart and the sweet image in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kasey,
    Adoreable baby card,sweet image and fab design :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amanda, hope all is well with your world, thank you for your lovely comments.

      Delete
  6. This is gorgeous! Love the simplicity of the design, the cute image and the fabulous die cut is all you need :) Stunning!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison it is so lovely of you to visit and leave your beautiful comment. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  7. Yes, Kasey, little boys count, lol. This is just adorable, what a perfect image for Cheery Lynn's beautiful heart die. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, thanks I'm glad little boys count in the challenge. I had so much fun making this card.

      Delete
  8. This is beautiful Kasey.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww what a cutie Kasey, Lovely use of the heart die, shows off really well behind the cute image and the fabulous faux brads you created. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, I'm so glad you like my card. I had such fun making it and entering the Cheery Lynne challenge.

      Delete
  10. awwww, this is soooo adorable!!!! Thank you for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet image and you will have so many hearts left over! I always have a problem throwing out little hearts or anything else that is punched out. You could so a shaker card! I never did one myself but you could and make it beautiful. I love the image and a very sweet card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigit, yes I could make a shaker card, I will probably give some to my grand daughter to play with, she loves doing craft with me. Luckily they are small enough for the vacuum cleaner! Thank you for your lovely comments.

      Delete
  12. Your card is just the cutest!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn designs challenge this week!
    Love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love visitors from all over the world! thank you Kianel (such a pretty name) for your visit.

      Delete
  13. So cute Kasey. Love the heart and sweet little image. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aileen, lovely of you to stop by. Thank you for your support it is very much appreciated.

      Delete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.