Followers

25 March 2013

Groovy Chick layers for Make it Crafty

Our inspiration theme at Make it Crafty this week is Lots of Layers, now I love layering my patterned papers and I usually go for either Vintage/Shabby Chic or CAS, I'm not sure this fits in to either of those categories as Holly-Rose is kinda Retro so that's what I did, lots of layers and what's more retro than powder blue?


The image is definitely minimalist in the colouring, clothes are three colours used and hair is two!  I wanted something very fresh and light.  For her clothes B0000 and B00 with a wash of 0 just to fade it all out a little.  The trim is Y38 with Gold spica over the top, her shoes are also gold spica pen.

Her hair is just E40 and E42 that's it! Oh and some white space at the lightest parts.  Skin tones are my go to colours that I use mostly, E000, E01. E11 and R20.  I've coloured Holly-Rose on Make it Colour Blending Card


I had this paper stack from Me and My Big Ideas and it was a perfect match right down to sparkly embossed flowers, so a little bit of fussy cutting and I had my embellishments.  So all up there are more than 10 layers in my project, I think that fits the bill!

Hope you have fun playing around with your layers.

Cheers,

Kasey ~ in Oz

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh Kasey what a wonderful card. Lots of layers and such a lovely image too. You did a fantastic job on this.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not been her for a while but I see you are still producing stunning work.
    Beautiful colouring, great image and layout.

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, me again,
    Not to unusual to have a shower of snow at this time of year.
    Very, very unusual to have the amount of snow and for so long.
    We have had snow every day for about six weeks.
    In some places we have 10 to 12 feet snowdrifts, trapping sheep and killing the new spring lambs.
    At this time of year that would normally be rain.
    Last year at this time we had a 2 week freak heat wave and were wearing our summer clothes. That did not last , looking back those 2 weeks were basically our summer.

    Patricia. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colours and fab design. Great card. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.