Followers

09 June 2013

Journal pages obsession

Hello everyone, my apologies for being such a slack blogger of late.  I've been playing with my latest obsession Journal pages using lots of luscious inks from Dylusions and some masks and stamps as well, I've also used some Lindy's stamp gang sprays the starburst and flat fabios, Tim Holtz Distress Inks and doing some Zentangle inspired drawings.  I've used some masks from both Dylusions and The Crafters Workshop or TCW.  Chipboard butterflies are from Make it Crafty, the words are from scrapfx (I think)

I've posted a single page and a double one for now and then I'm going to schedule some posts to go live over the next week or so.

I've also had a short stint in hospital, more tests to come so I have to take it easy and reduce my stress levels.  Ah ha....yep that's easy, all I need to do is win the lottery and then I can retire and be an artist!  Yes, I know dream on.

 This one is done on watercolour paper using Lindy's Stamp Gang flat fabio sprays, I've also drawn over a stencil to put the damask shape, the gold spray just didn't show up on the yellow and orange.  I then coated some chipboard pieces with gesso and then sprayed two tone LSG starburst sprays to create the glimmer.  


My all time favourite pages so far are these, I love this saying from the Lorax by De Seuss, it just went so well with the Dylusions leaves and ghosting technique.


Closeup of page 1, I've used the negative of my Hippie Chick cuttlebug alphabet die to do the letters.  Love this font.
Close up of page 2, freehand is not my strong point!

OK so there you see a short look at what has been taking my attention craft wise, I just wish my copics would call to me.  I intend on mixing some copic images into these pages as well.  I love that I can print out digi images to whatever size I want, this should make for some interesting pages!

Cheers for now,

Kasey ~ in Oz









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.