Followers

25 September 2013

Colour My World

I have a new art journal double page for you today. Just playing around with some techniques and sprays and song lyrics!

I had sprayed this gorgeous background with Dylusions sprays and it just sort of flowed, then a song worm just crept up on me and I found myself humming Colour My World from Petula Clark.
 
 My lady's face is drawn using a stencil (cause I can't draw freehand to save myself!)  although I did hand draw her neck and hair.  I had lots of lovely texture in her hair and then when I painted the supposedly matte modge podge over her, it all sort of blurred.
Oh well, you live and learn!
I printed the chorus of Colour My World out on heavy paper and cut it into strips and then modge podged it down.  I had some left over canvas so I sprayed it and used a punch to get all the bright hearts. 
 I found a little packet of bling hearts and added them to her hair and scattered a few on the page for fun.  The hearts are doodled around using a black copic marker and the white is some liquid pearls to give some dimension.

I hope this colours your world!

Until next time.... Cheers!

Kasey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.