Followers

06 January 2014

A new year filled with Sunshine

Hello friends, I've been very lax in posting here over the past few months, I wouldn't blame you if you removed me from your follow list!  If you're still with me, thank you for your patience.

I have been busy creating though and here are a few of the items that I've been working on.

This mixed media canvas was sent to a lovely friend who lives over 3000 kilometres away from me. Another friend visited and took these home with her.  I know this canvas is sitting on Karen's craft room wall. I love the way the butterflies pop out of the canvas, they are flat, but look to 3d.  Acrylic paint background with lots of lovely texture from stemple paint and modeling paste

This copper leaves mixed media canvas went to my daughter and son-in-law for Christmas. Lots of layers of acrylic paint, modeling paste to create texture.


This canvas needed to be blokey all the way, this was created for my brother who works on heavy earth moving equipment for a living and owns 7 motorbikes, 4 of them he's rebuilt and he's working on the other three.  He was stoked when he saw it and was pretty impressed that it had been one in two days as I had asked him if he wanted some original art for Christmas and I explained what I sort of had in mind.


Last but not least is this journal page I created from this gorgeous Bo Bunny paper, I'd been eyeing it off at my local scrapbook shop for ages, and I finally caved and bought some.
Love how it turned out.

All the very best creating in 2014.

Cheers,

Kasey



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kasey
    Happy New Year! I hope you enjoyed the holiday season. Certainly looks like you have been keeping yourself busy and out of trouble :o).

    Your mixed media canvases look absolutely amazing! I particularly love the one you made for your brother. Gifts for men are typically so difficult but you managed to create something both personal and meaningful.

    Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2014.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so thank you so much for taking the time to say hello and leave a message.